About RCLS Biotechnology
A PROJECT OF LMDC
The biotechnology program at RCLS offers one of the broadest and most comprehensive undergraduate programs in Pakistan. It is designed to offer a broad and general training in plant and animal sciences with opportunity for research to meet the needs of students preparing for postgraduate work or the job market. Biotechnology is one of the most developing and energizing field of science around the globe. It utilizes any natural framework (living creatures or their subsidiaries) to offer novel solutions to any issue related to human life, from health to mass production of food and crops.
It is a multidisciplinary science which uses information produced in the field of genetic engineering, tissue culture, stem cell, molecular biology, microbiology, natural chemistry, vaccinology, virology, and bioinformatics to address existing issues. There are various parts of biotechnology which incorporates food biotechnology, wellbeing and clinical biotechnology, microbial biotechnology, agricultural biotechnology, ecological biotechnology, drug biotechnology, & more.
So far, more than 250 biotechnology health care products and vaccines have been made available to patients, many for previously untreatable diseases. More than 13.3 million farmers around the world use agricultural biotechnology to increase yields, prevent damage from insects and pests and reduce damage done on environment due to farming. As the demand of biotechnological products are elevating in Pakistan and around the globe,, the scope of biotechnology graduates regarding occupations and entrepreneurship has also increased. Biotechnology being a vast field has many utilizations, some of which include:
A degree in biotechnology can lead to many career choices, some of which include:
- Working in hospitals or laboratory as Biotechnologist.
- In a pharmaceutical industry as quality control analyst
- As a forensic biotechnologist at a forensic laboratory
- Can work as biomedical engineer
- Working as Lecturer Biotechnology (Private/Govt. Sectors)
- Biological/Clinical technician
- Work with chemical processes, genetic engineering, textile development cosmetic development etc
- Research and development pertaining to health, agriculture, and industry.